April 10, 2015

Memory


Sometimes life just goes too fast. 
I don't know. 
Maybe it's not meant to last. 
Maybe this life is just a precursor of the one to be. 
Maybe this is one before the one in eternity. 
I'm not sure. 
I kind of like this life. 
It might not be all good but it seems alright. 
I've got some good things to talk about. 
I've got some memories to remember.
 I've got a lot of things to be thankful for. 
And I know that there's more to come. 
I don't feel like my best is all done. 
I don't feel like I'm some kind of guy that peaked way back when.
 But then again I may be. 
I don't want to say that I'm declining but I would be lying if I didn't think that my past was really defining for me. 
It all meant a lot to me.
 I met a lot of important people. 
People that I cared for. 
People that cared for me. 
And maybe they were just there for a season but I'll hold them in my heart forever.
 They were special and they still are.
 I might not see them everyday but I care for them. 
I pray for them.
 I say that I'll see them soon and I believe that. 
I want to go back to the days when we were all together but I know that life is not forever.
 I'm in the hands of God just like we all are. 
And I know that even if I don't see you, God does and God cares and God is watching over you. 
I'm thankful for my times here. 
I'm thankful for these things because I hold them dear. 
These people have been important. 
And they will always be. 
They're not a distant memory but they're part of me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment