March 22, 2015

Reconcile


Reconcile me to you, God. 
I'm defiled. I'm unclean. I'm tarnished. 
God, purify my heart and make me anew. I want to be like you. 
Molded into your image. Transformed by grace. 
I confess with my heart and lips that I have sinned. That I have not followed you as well as I should. That I've done things I knew I shouldn't. 
That I've lied. That I've cheated. That I've wronged both you and neighbor. 
God, bring me into your favor. Reconcile me to yourself because I need your help. 
Jesus, I'm lost without you. Send your Spirit upon me that I would become refreshed and revived and that I would come alive in you. 
Jesus I need you. To feel you. To see you. To be with you. 
This is all that I ask that I would spend my days with you. 
Lord, correct my improper thinking that I would be pure in all that I do. 
Jesus, make me more like you. 
Convict me. Correct me. Change me. Save me. I can't save myself. I can't help myself.
 I need my Savior. I need my Lord. 
You are my hope. You are my strength. From glory to glory, you provide. 
Where can I run that you can't see? Where can I hide that you wouldn't know I'm there? 
You know my faults. You know my past, present, and future. And yet you call me into yourself. 
Jesus I am in you as you are in the Father. I am with you as you are with God.
 Reconcile me to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment