March 20, 2015

Wrap


You wrap me in your arms and tell me that I'm your child. 
How you accepted me as your son is still so wild to me. God, why do you love me the way you do? Why do you treat me the way you do? 
I am unworthy of your grace. I'm not fit to see your face. I'm not worthy to tie your sandal. 
Jesus, you are high and exalted and have the name above all names. 
Yet, you know mine. You in your glory know my story because it's you writing it. 
When I get lost in my loneliness or tired in my trespasses, I know that my God is fighting for me and is writing my story. You know my destiny and know my fate. 
Everything that happens to me is not outside your gaze. Your eye is on the sparrow. 
You watch me and protect me. Not only that, you bless me. Jesus, you bless me. You give me good gifts. You give me friends. You give me school. You give me love. You give me life. 
How can I ever repay the blessings that you have given me? 
How can I ever deserve the way that you see me? I won't and I can't and I don't deserve anything. I'm deserving of wrath because of my fallen nature. 
Yet you love me unconditionally. You bought me. You named me. You have brought me out of the miry clay and set my feet upon the rock. 
Jesus, you are my rock. God, you are my father. Holy Spirit, you're my shield. 
You are with me and for me and working for me. God, thank you for calling me your own. 
Thank you for letting me be part of your plan for this world. Thank you for life. 
Thank you for this privilege to praise you for you are worthy of every breath that I breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment