February 11, 2015

Bless the Lord.


All the angels cry out in adoration to you. All of creation sings praises to you. All the earth rejoices at its maker. And yet, who am that I should be silent? 
You are my Lord and my Redeemer. What am I doing being silent at the works of your hands?
 Do I not value you? Do I not hold you in high esteem? 
I'll root and scream and yell at my football team, and speak nothing at the mention of your name. 
I'll watch tv and ooh and aw over drama, yet I'll keep my mouth shut over the majesty of this world's unfolding drama. 
God, I don't take you seriously.
 I don't really bless your name. 
If I did, I would truly cry out in praise and adoration. 
I wouldn't simply keep my worship contained to Sunday mornings. I wouldn't only focus on you during my morning devotion. 
I wouldn't only look for you in my times of crisis. 
Jesus, if I really appreciated your beauty and wonder, I would seek you out in all things. I would search for you when there is no apparent meaning. 
I would dive in deeper and try to find you in the subtext of my life. 
I would remove the dirt and muck from my eyes so that I could really truly see you. 
God, I don't take you seriously. I want to. But I haven't. I should. But I can't. 
Because my selfishness overtakes my self centered ways and I fail to gaze upon you. 
Jesus, I want to see you in the sunrise. I want to behold your beauty. 
God, I want to be in awe of creation. I want to see you in everything. 
Holy Spirit, I want to be more sensitive to your workings and to see you even when I don't feel you. Or to feel you even when I don't see you. 
God, I just need more of you. I want to be molded and formed into your image.
 I want to be more like you. 
You are my Creator and you are my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment