February 9, 2015

Blessings


One person's blessing is another's curse. It's all perspective. No one is better or worse. I just believe that God can redeem all things.
 Whenever I suffer. Whenever I go through hard times. Whenever I fail. Whenever I lose confidence in myself. Whenever I am lost.
 I know that my redeemer lives. I don't know how God will do it. I don't know when He will. I just know that God will because God has chosen to be with me wherever I go. 
He has pledged his goodness. He has promised me his presence. He has done great things for me and will continue working all things out for some kind of redemptive plan.
 God, whatever my lot, you have taught me to say that it is well. I don't say it on my own. You know that I don't have the strength, patience, or trust to see the good in the bad. 
But you have taught me to trust In you. Help me, Jesus, to see you in every situation. 
Help me, Jesus, to serve you in every season. 
I don't want to only love you when things are going well. I want to love you when I'm going through hell. Help me to see the good in my life. 
Help me to know that you're making all things right. Help me to feel your love when I feel so far away. Help me to know your word every day. 
God, I want to grow deeper in love with you. I want to fall head over heals. But circumstances rob me of peace. And that's on me. It's not you. 
You are always good. And I need you. Jesus, come and heal my broken heart. 
Come and mend my wounds. To see peace when chaos looms. To know joy when sadness overtakes. To feel secure in the crashing waves. God, I want to serve you and I want to love you.
 But sometimes I know it more that I need more of you and less of me so that your goodness can overtake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment