February 20, 2015

My future is sealed


In the noise and confusion, you're the one I confide in. 
God, I rest in your presence. I want to abide in you. 
Jesus said to place my anxieties and concerns upon him and that he would give me rest. 
Because he created me, he knows me best. 
God, I know that you are good. I trust in your promises. 
Because you have said it once and you do it all the time: you are with me. 
You will fight for me. You will be with me. Wherever I go. 
I find comfort in knowing that I have YHWH with me.
 Near or far, anywhere or anyway, my God is with me. 
I can trust in his name because he is always the same. Jesus you're not just another symbol. 
You're not just another icon. You're not some philosophical idea. You're not a concept. 
You're a living breathing active holy being. You have lived and you are living. 
You have been tempted just as I am yet you prevailed. 
You have beaten sin and death and you have been given the name that is above all other names. Jesus, there is something so marvelous about you. 
You are ever present and ever loving and always good. You are moved with compassion. You put your theologies in action. You see me broken and you heal me. 
You see me hurting and you see me. 
God, you know my every needs and you supply all my desires.
 I can trust that you will be the way that you have said you will be. I can hope that you will fulfill your promises. I can have faith in Jesus my lord. For he is good. And you are good. 
And I will place my worries in your hands. My plans are nothing. My ideas are nothing. 
I surrender to you God. Lead me. Give me wisdom. Give me discernment. Help me. 
You're all I ever need and all I ever wanted. Jesus, you are the very breath and life in my lungs. 
I hold onto you. I know that you are good and my hope is secure in you. My future is sealed. I'm in the hands of the maker of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment