May 28, 2015

River


 Chris Martin Photography

God, I need a river. A mighty flowing river. 
I'm not quenched by just one drop. I'm not satisfied with just a little. 
I want more of you in my life. I can't survive with just scathing by with temporary highs. 
I can't go on pretending that nothing's wrong when I've barely felt your presence. 
Jesus, I am nothing without you. I am lost without you. 
So come God. Not that you haven't been, but I invite you and recognize my need for you. 
Come Jesus. Come rush over me like a mighty strong river. 
Cleanse me from my sins. Cleanse me from within. 
Holy Spirit come. Move in my life and make it right. 
I want to live by faith. I want to live for you. 
I don't want to chase after my own things and dreams but I want to run after your ways. 
God, you are so worthy. Wash over me. Wash over every aspect of my life. 
The good and the bad. Every part of me needs all of you. 
I am so thirsty for your living water. I am so needy for the cup that only you provide. 
I am longing for you, Jesus. 
Bring me refreshing. Bring me life. 
You revive me. You are my river in a wasteland.

No comments:

Post a Comment