January 23, 2015

Fire


Set a fire down in my heart. I know it's been there since the start, but the flames are dwindling and I need more of your kindling. I need you to spark my heart.
 I need you to fan the flames of my heart.
I've tried to do it on my own but I've failed. 
Help me, God. I need you. I want you. I love you. 
I know that you know that I do. I know that you know that you alone are able to save me. I know that you want  to hear my prayers. I know that you want to hear my heart. 
I'm sorry Lord for the way that I've been.
 I'm sorry Jesus for not being all that I could be or should be. I'm desperate for you. 
I need your grace to cover me and compel me to be the man that you created me to be.
 Jesus, you alone can help me. Only you can save me. 
It's always a shame how that I fall down and hurt myself. It would be much easier to avoid this and simply go to you from the very beginning. 
But I learn from my mistakes and I learn that I can't keep making these silly decisions. They point me away from you. 
I want everything that I do to be a reflection of your already established love for me. 
I want my life to showcase the God Who loves me. Who shapes me. Who molds me. Who transforms me. Who realigns me with himself. 
Jesus I need you to pierce through the dark and heal my broken heart from the inside out. Every part. Every pain. Every hurt. Every wound. 
God I need you to set a fire and cleanse me wholly and completely. 
Jesus come.

No comments:

Post a Comment