September 23, 2015

With You


You are the God of miracles. You make the impossible possible. 
How you could ever turn me around is a true act of the divine. 
I thought I had made up my mind yet you came and sought me out. 
When I was lost in my selfish ways, you rescued me in an onslaught of grace. 
Jesus, you're the great shepherd searching for the lost sheep.
 I just never thought that'd be me. I thought that I was okay. 
That I didn't need help. That I would survive. 
Yet you came and helped me realize that I wasn't right. I don't like discipline or correction. 
But from you it was needed. I didn't know that I needed you until you told me. Because it's easy to go on living in a life of sinning developing series of callouses that numb the pain. 
But you took me apart. You wrecked me. You ruined me. 
And you put me back together. Jesus, thank you for never leaving me to my own devices. 
Thank you for seeking me out. Thank you for calling me. 
I don't know where I would be without you but God you are so amazing. 
Thank you for clothing me in new robes of righteousness. 
Thank you for putting a new song in my mouth. 
You gave me new life and you're still giving it to me. 
By no means am I done or perfect or complete. 
But Jesus, with you I'm where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment